And you thought the series ended with book seven! As many of you know about a month ago I set out to lose weight. It has been an interesting month full of ups and downs both on the scale and emotionally. Thankfully, Ive had some help! Scott has been so supportive eating whatever I fix (even without the added fats, oils, and other yummy additions), and has successfully lost nearly 13 pounds on his own! Today I'm down almost 18 pounds! Hooray! I still have a long way to go but I'm celebrating every little victory.In addition to following a strict diet, I've been blessed with clarity and time to really search out some of my underlying reasons for eating and gaining weight. I eat when I'm: hungry, not hungry, sad, happy, anxious, nervous, bored, tired, worried, alone, with friends, and just about any other time I feel like it. Food has always been my best friend. It doesnt care if I have had a bad day or if my hair isnt done. It doesnt judge. Ive had to learn to pay attention to my body telling me when its hungry and when its full. Ive had to sort out the voices in my head that normally tell me when and what to eat versus what I really need. Its given me a chance to come face to face with all the emotions that I normally stuff down with food. I'm seeing my weakness, and without my usual coping habits, Im finally learning to hand them over to the Lord. I've known for a long time that I couldnt do it on my own. Slowly, Im learning how to let go and receive the help that is offered.
And so, to fill the time when I would normally be obsessing about food, I have begun reading the Harry Potter series. I love them and I dont have to feel guilty spending hours at a time reading because it keeps my mind off eating, and helps pass the time while scott works nights! So in a very round about way, Harry really is helping me lose weight! note: the image has been slightly altered. slightly.
6 comments:
Awesome!
Guess my photoshop tinkering was fortuitous. :-)
Have I mentioned lately how much I love your guts and how great I think you are. My days are sadder with out EM in them. I am so proud of you. You are awesome. Weight is such a hard thing to deal with and the UPS and DOWNS can be so emotional. After I had Irey I just thought that the 35 lbs. would fall off like it seemed to do for everyone else. But NO! Not even nursing helped... I was on my own! Reading helped me SO much too! I have never worked harder at something but it's so worth it!
Good Job EM! I am here cheering you on! Even though I think you are beautiful the way you are!
18 pounds!? Congratulations! That is an incredible accomplishment. I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work.
By the way, I love you!
Good for you! I am way impressed! 18 pounds? Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration too! I have always loved how you describe things in holy terms. Thanks.
Great post, Emily! You're awesome!
Keep it up Em, you're doing great!
Post a Comment