* For a first person version of this story, visit http://theprincessandapea.blogspot.com
On tuesday November 25 my little sister Ashlee called at 7:00 am to tell me that her water broke. She told me that she was just getting ready and then was going to head up to the hospital. Dad needed to take some things to mom's school and was on his way when he realized he had forgotten something at home. He drove back home and got there just as mom and ash were leaving the house about 7:30. By then Ash was having contractions so dad followed them up to the hospital. They pulled in to the ER parking lot at 7:45 and mom went in to tell them they needed a wheelchair while dad parked his car. He came over to mom's lexus to help ashlee out of the car. Ashlee kept telling them to hurry and that she thought she could feel the head of the baby. Mom figured it was just the pressure of the contractions but ash was right! Then suddenly out popped little Kendyl! Dad's great reflexes caught her just before she hit the ground! The emergency medical team got there just after that to take ash and the baby in to the hospital. What a surprise to have her born 3 weeks early and in the car at the hospital parking lot! At only 5 lbs 13 oz and 20" she's a tiny little thing, but definately already full of personality.
6 comments:
awwee how crazy and exciting. She is adorable!
Oh you decided on a name!!! SO cute. Such a cool story. Congrats. Love you guys.
What a story! I can't believe she was born in the parking lot! She is so so cute! Tell your sister congratulations!
oh my she is so beautiful! Tell your sis congrats! Still in shock but I am so glad everyone is okay!
Em Hi! How are you doing? I miss seeing you at work. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Oh my Gosh.... I can't even believe that about our sister! Her baby is so cute. Hope to see you soon. Love you.
I wish my deliveries were that fast. Wow!
Kendyl is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment