
Do you ever wish you could somehow recapture lost time? That you could magically go back a few years and put into practice the wisdom that only experience can give? Last week I did just that!
I never cared much for my skin. We havent always been friends. I would abuse it by going tanning, I never wore sunscreen, I slept with my makeup on, I picked at my face, and blatantly disregarded the advice to "take care of your skin now while youre young...". My skin retaliated with freckles, acne, sun spots, wrinkles, creases, and scars.
Over the last year or two I have learned to be friends with my skin but the damage has already been done. I see the wrinkles and spots and scars and wish that I would have listened and taken better care of my skin. If only I could go back and start the good habits then...
Last week I received the Total FX laser resurfacing treatment http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/wt/page/activefx
Its like repentance for the face! Its been seven days and already my skin is looking great! Granted, the first few days after the treatment were not so fun (day 3 was the worst) but who wouldnt be willing to sacrifice a few days to recapture a few years??
Special thanks to Scottie for loving me and still calling me "pretty" even at my scariest. Thanks mom and dad, ash, and especially Richard at Hollywood Body http://www.hollywoodbodylasers.com/index.html
*photos: Day 5 (top left), Day 3 (bottom left) Day after (middle) Day 7 (far right, and thats a shadow on the side of my face)
4 comments:
Your face looks amazing in the picture on the right! But the other pictures look SO painful! Was it expensive?
Okay I will be honest I was so scared when I saw you but you look beautiful!!! Even though I thought you were always beautiful:)
Ouch, EM! That looks painful! Glad youre back to yourself. I always thought your freckles were cute!
WOW! First, your new face looks awesome! And second, this inspires me to be better friends with my skin:)
Post a Comment