
I kept meaning to update by blog but didnt really feel like i had anything exciting to write. I've learned my lesson! When life seems to get boring, just give it a couple days....something is bound to happen! For the past week or so I'd been feeling some nagging pain in my back. For my hairstylist friends, you know this is not really that unusual. However, this pain was more in the middle right side of my back not the usual upper or lower back pain associated with being on my feet all day doing hair. I took some aleve and made scott rub my back, but even that didnt seem to help. By tuesday of this week I was really hurting. Even breathing seemed to hurt. I fiugred that i had a pinched nerve or something and decided to go see a chiropractor. Earlier in the day I had had the thought that perhaps it was my gall bladder or kidney or something, but dismissed it thinking that i was just being a hypochondriac. But by that night I could hardly move. I couldnt stand up, couldnt bend, couldnt breathe, and couldnt figure out why. Scott gave me a wonderful blessing that night to help me sleep and in the morning we decided it was time to get some help.
Scott was so wonderful helping me through my first ER visit. Im 30 years old and have never had stiches, never broken a boken, never been to the hospital for anything other than to visit other people. So this was all really new and scary to me. After some tests and ultra sounds the doctors found that I had a huge gallstone about one centimeter wide blocking my bile duct. OUCH! No wonder i was double over in pain! They gave me some percacet and scheduled a time to meet with a surgeon. I met Dr. Peugh that afternoon and although head had already been in surgery and been with patients all day, he offered to meet me at the hospital that night to do the surgery.
Scott and I checked in just before 6 pm and had the greatest team of nurses at Timpanogos Hospital. My whole family drove from ogden to be with me even though it was just out-patient surgery. Seriously, I have the greatest family in all the world! It is the best feeling to be surrounded by people who love you and whom you can always count on for support. The nurses were so great not to get annoyed at having 10 people in the room. lol It wasnt till closer to 9 pm the the surgeon finally arrived. I hadnt had any pain medication since about 3 so i wasnt feeling too well. I kissed my family and my perfect husband, and the last thing i remember was thinking, "boy this operating table is cold. I wonder if they are just going to let my arm dangling off the side like this the entire time..." Then i could here people talking. I cant remember what they said, but i knew I had peed all over. I laughed inside. My family came in afterwards to tell me goodnight and i was still doped up and couldnt open my eyes. I could hear them and I mumbled something. Scott decided not to try to drag me home seeing as how I wasnt coming out from the anesthesia very well, so we spent the night at the hospital.
I woke up very groggy the next morning. Scott and the nurses were so very attentive and patient as I tried to move, breathe, and wake-up. Turns out I dont breathe very well all crunched up in bed, nor does my pulse register correctly on the monitor. But by noon we were clear to go. Scott brought me home and got me all set up with some soup and crackers, and water, and pillows, and anything else i could possibly need to be comfortable. He really is the hero of this story. Im so greatful to be married to someone so selfless, patient, and loving. He is so gentle with me, yet to strong when I need him to be.
Im still in a fog of pain medications and sleep so hopefully this story all made sense. Im going to spend the next few does in bed letting my new little wounds heal and trying to think of less exciting events ot blog.

Symptoms of Gallbladder Inflammation (Acute Cholecystitis)
Between 1 - 3% of people with symptomatic gallstones develop inflammation in the gallbladder ( acute cholecystitis ), which occurs when stones or sludge obstruct the duct. The symptoms are similar to those of biliary colic but are more persistent and severe. They include the following:
- Pain in the upper right abdomen is severe and constant and can last for days. Pain frequently increases when drawing a breath.
- Pain also may radiate to the back or occur under the shoulder blades, behind the breast bone, or on the left side.
- About a third of patients have fever and chills.
- Nausea and vomiting may occur.
4 comments:
I am so glad you are home and doing better! Get well soon:)
Ow! Ow! Ow! Glad to hear you're doing better. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands!
Wow Em that is so intense! Sorry I didn't find out about it until Monday. You are a real trooper. I am so glad you are doing so well with your recovery!
I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. Poor girl. THank heavens that you r husband was there to help you.
Post a Comment